Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Our Baby Turns Two

On Saturday, Abby turned 2 years old!  In many ways, it's hard to believe and in other ways, it seems just right.  Of course, as any mother does, I recall the day she was born with the clarity as if it were yesterday.  There is nothing in the world like the moment after a baby is born, holding her and looking into her gorgeous eyes.  Welcoming a baby into this world is such a miracle and a blessing! 

Abby has been such a sparkle in our lives.  While I may be just slightly biased, I honestly think she is the most smiley baby I have seen.  She is always smiling and laughing.  She is so happy and gets excited about the littlest things!  She is kind and says the sweetest things like "thank you, mama" and "oh my goodness" and "I sorry mama" (even when she didn't do anything wrong).  She likes to sing and spin around and dance.  She likes to be funny and make jokes.  She loves to play with her sister - and Grace is really so sweet with Abby.  She is such a joy!

We had her two-year check up yesterday.  She is 26 lbs, 6 oz (50th percentile) and 34.5 inches long (75th percentile).  She is meeting all the milestones (not quite jumping with two feet off the ground but we are practicing - ha)! It is actually quite funny to watch her try and jump.  I had made a comment to Grace earlier yesterday morning that Abigail may now be entering the "terrible twos".  (Abigail wanted to pick out her outfit and wanted no part of what I chose - so she had a little meltdown.) Grace later told the doctor that Abby is now in the "terrific twos".  The doctor really liked that description.  She is a healthy and happy two-year old and we couldn't be more blessed. 

This past weekend my parents joined us for the festivities.  We are so happy they could be here to join in the occasion.  On Saturday, when we heard Abby start waking up, my mom said she wanted to bring her a cupcake and sing happy birthday.  I just happen to have one so we all went in to her room with a cupcake and candle and sang happy birthday.  She couldn't have been happier!  She then indulged in a cupcake for breakfast!


Cupcakes for breakfast!!


Thanks Poppy!  (Even though it was Jamma's idea!)


I was going to make a round chocolate cake with sprinkles but Jamma wanted to try her hand at Mickey Mouse!  Go Jamma - so adorable!








Nora and Len bought this adorable dress for Abby.  As soon as she woke up (after the cupcake) she pointed right to the dress and said "birthday dress".  She loved wearing it all day and telling everyone "it's Abby's birthday!"  She was not happy when we wouldn't let her wear it on Sunday even though it was covered in chocolate!

 On Sunday we went to Cox Farm and had a fantastic time!











 It was such a great weekend.  I love that our families makes a big deal of birthday - they are such a special day!  Happy birthday to our dear, sweet Abigail!

5 comments:

Maurilia said...

Awww I loved hearing Abigail had such a special 2nd Birthday! Her beautiful smile says it all :)

Love the fall family picture!

Can't wait to see you all!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! Thanks for sharing her day with us.

I like everything about your new header except the Patriot's shirt! What's up with dat? lol
~ingrid

Kerri said...

Looking forward to a second b-day celebration tonight! XOXO

Val said...

A very sweet post! = )

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hello! You are very quiet! Hope all is well with you, the girls, & Bruno! :)
~ingrid