Thursday, September 2, 2010

The first day of first grade

Monday was Grace's first day of 1st grade!  She was very excited - she woke up early, got dressed, made herself breakfast, brushed her teeth and her hair and had her backpack on by 7:00 a.m.!  The first day was only a half day so I picked her up and we grabbed lunch, got her hair cut and bought some fall clothes for her.  We had a great time together!

It's so hard to believe she is in first grade!  She loves math (and is very good at it - must be the Freitas gene) and is learning to read more and more each day.  She loves being with her friends, playing on the playground and is very happy with her teacher.  We are so blessed to have such a wonderful, healthy, happy daughter!

And a quick "happy birthday" to my uncle Len!  I hope you have a great day - you are such a wonderful uncle to me and to Grace and Abby! 


Grace on her first day of 1st grade.

Abby wants to go too and has her backpack all set.



Grace on her second day of 1st grade (after her hair cut)!

3 comments:

Maurilia said...

Awww love seeing pictures of 1st grader Grace! Her new haircut looks adorable. So glad she is enjoying herself & is excited to be in school.

Kerri said...

I can't believe she is in first grade! What a cutie. I'm glad the first day went well. XOXO

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I remember my parents always taking my photo of the first day! Glad to hear that all went well with Grace's! :)
~ingrid