Thursday, August 26, 2010

And the teacher is...

Last night we went to "Wonderful Wednesday" at Grace's school.  It is a chance for the kids to find out who their teacher is and who is in their class. On the way over Grace said to me and Bruno, "my tummy feels a little funny."  I told her she was probably just a little nervous and excited to see people.  She agreed.  I didn't add that I was a little nervous for her too. 

We found out who her teacher is and she seems happy.  And she is extremely happy that almost all of her friends are in her class.  Whew! 

We met up with friends and talked about who is in which class.  We signed up for various activities throughout the school year. 

It was good to see people and to know that Grace will be in what will hopefully be a great class.  It's so hard to believe that she is going to be starting 1st grade already!  I'll be posting pictures next week!

3 comments:

F.H. Gray said...

Glad she will be happy. Did you have Miss Carl last year? Annelise has her.

Maurilia said...

That is great that the parents and students get to find out ahead of time who their teacher is and which friends will be in the same class. Wish they did this for us growing up!

I bet this is a relief for both you and Grace :) Glad Grace is happy about it. Can't wait to see pictures!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Hope she has a GREAT first day of school!
~ingrid