Last week was a big day for Grace - she graduated from kindergarten! They had a performance of songs and then received their diplomas. She wore her "Sunday best" and was just beaming. We were so glad that Kerri could join us for Grace's special day!
She has told us that she will miss kindergarten, especially her teacher. We were fortunate that Grace had a wonderful teacher who was very patient and kind with the children in her class. It was her first year as a teacher so I'm sure there were challenges but we couldn't have been happier with Grace's kindergarten experience.
We took Grace to the mini golf as a treat for finishing up her first year of school. She had never been but had a great time!
I think about how much she has changed over the past year and it is just amazing.
- She started reading a few months ago and it is so fascinating to watch her sound out words and read short books. She has also, in the last two weeks, started writing little stories. I'll try to find one to scan in. The most recent one was something to the effect of "The police says stop. My mom says stop when I run too fast. My dad says stop. My teacher says stop at the play lot. The stop sign says stop." I'm just blown away at how she has taken off with the reading and writing.
- And she really loves math, which is clearly a trait from Bruno!
- She made some very nice friends at school. She is very friendly, outgoing and very kind to other children.
- She started playing soccer, which she loves. She scored 7 goals this season!
- She is going to start ballet in July - she loves to dance so I think she will really like the class.
- Grace is a very loving and sweet sister to Abigail. They have their moments, but Grace is really great about letting Abigail join in and play with her.
- She loves to play outside and enjoys playing baseball with Bruno.
- She has lost 4 teeth and has another loose one.
- She will start her first summer camp next week and is very much looking forward to it - especially the big pool!
- I love that she still cuddles with me on the couch. I know that those moments may not last too many more years so I try to enjoy it as much as I can.






2 comments:
Looks like Grace had a wonderful day :) It's no secret that we all love and adore Grace. She is such a great little girl. I often find myself taking about her. We can't wait to see her!
Yay, Grace!
Hang on 'cause it goes by soooo fast! I know have two high schooler and a middle schooler. :(
~ingrid
Post a Comment