Thursday, June 17, 2010

10 Years of Marriage

Ten years ago, Bruno and I had an absolutely wonderful wedding day.  It was a year of planning for that one, special day and everything about it was just perfect.  It was a beautiful, sunny, warm day.  And most importantly, we were surrounded by family and friends from all over the country who helped us celebrate our day. 
I remember so many people telling us that the day would go so fast and that we should stop and just take it all in at a few points during the day. Oh, and someone told us to eat our cake as soon as we cut it, because otherwise we wouldn't have a chance to eat it - I did follow that advice as well.  I remember so many things about the day but mostly I remember the people who were there to support us and celebrate with us.  It was a wonderful wedding weekend that created so many memories for us.

And now we look back on ten years of marriage.  We have moved, started new jobs/positions, met new friends, said goodbye to friends who moved away, attended weddings, attended funerals, and above all else, have been blessed to welcome two healthy, happy and beautiful little girls into our lives. 

I think back to the advice we were given about our wedding day - that it would go so fast and that we should take time during the day to just take it all in.  We did that.  And now we hear advice from older friends and family that the same can be said of life.  It goes so fast - take time to enjoy it.  And I really feel like we do try to enjoy the small little moments that make our marriage and our lives so blessed.  Thanks to my parents, we have been able to get away for at least a couple of nights every year and had a great getaway this year.  We take time to tip toe into the girls bedrooms at night and watch them sleep.  And now that Abigail is a little older, we have been taking time to have a date once in awhile.  We take time to play games with the girls and appreciate the joy and happiness that they bring to us each day.

So today I wish my husband a Happy Anniversary!  It has been a wonderful ten years and I know that someday we will be the last couple on the dance floor at someone's wedding. (You may not understand, but Bruno will.)




4 comments:

Maurilia said...

Nice post, take time to enjoy all the precious moments that a family brings into our lives, very well said!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Happy Anniversary AND Happy Father's Day to BRuno!
~ingrid

geogems said...

Cried at your wedding---cried while I read your recollection on the past 10 years...Keith and I had our 46th last Oct. and it does go fast. May the next 50 or more bring you as much joy as that day in June...love you all, geo

F.H. Gray said...

How did I miss this??? Guess I was traveling over summer... loved your wedding... two favorites hitching - what could be better than that?!