Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How did you fall asleep last night?

In my opinion, one of the greatest inventions for parents with babies is the video monitor.  They are expensive and certainly not a necessity but oh such a luxury.  We had a sound monitor with Grace but I always wondered if she was really asleep when I didn't hear any noise and I was curious what she was doing when I heard things rattling around.  So we decided to splurge when Abigail was born and bought a video monitor!  I can lay in bed and watch her sleep.   We love watching Abigail "on tv"!

I think I have mentioned before that Abigail goes to bed so easily (knock on wood).  We read her a couple of books, put her down with her paci and her puppy (Spunky) and she eventually dozes off without crying.  Last night, I happen to be in our bedroom when I saw her on the monitor.  She was sitting up with her back against the slats of the crib.  I couldn't tell if her eyes were open or closed.  Every few minutes I would see her play with her puppy.   She was very quiet though and just sat there.  Eventually, her head started nodding.  We all know that feeling of falling asleep while you are sitting up and your head starts to bob.  That is exactly what happened to her.  A couple of times she laid down for a second but then popped back up to sitting.  I brought the monitor downstairs so Grace and Bruno could watch.  It was so funny to watch and we were all laughing! 

Eventually, Bruno felt bad for her as it became apparent that she wasn't going to lay down on her own.  So he went in and laid her down.  But now I wonder, does she do this frequently!?  I don't usually watch her fall asleep but now it may have to become our evening entertainment!

2 comments:

Maurilia said...

Ha, I'm still giggling! So Miss Abigail is playing in her sleep, too cute!

We love watching Ava on our monitor too. Glad you recommended it. Great invention!!

Let us know if she has any more "episodes" :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

LOL, I got a chuckle out of the visual.

Those monitors are pretty neat. They didn't have them when my children were babies. Can you imagine what gadgets they'll invent by the time your girls have children?
~ingrid