Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010

I was going to write an eloquent post about our New Year's Eve, but my friend Fannie beat me to it. Lucky for me, she is a fabulous writer so I'll refer you to her blog for the description of our evening.

Here is the menu which Bruno developed and executed to perfection. (And of course the flash on our camera broke right before dinner so I don't have any pictures - boo.)  I wish I was a food blogger, as I'm sure this would peak a lot of foodies' interest.  In case you can't read the menu, Bruno prepared and served the following 5-course meal:

  • Carmelized onion, gueyere and bacon tart
  • Cream of Aspargus Soup
  • Lobster, Shrimp and Avocado Cocktail served on Wasabi Flan with Sriracha Tomato Glaze
  • Lemon Sorbet
  • Zinfandel and Rosemary Braised Beef Short Ribs with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Wilted Spinach
  • Tahitian Vanilla Cheesecake with Raspberry Lemon Sauce


A few year's ago, we started a tradition with our friend's Fannie and Tim.  We take turns hosting phenomenal New Year's Eve meals.  Lucky for me and Tim, our spouses, Fannie and Bruno are AMAZING cooks!

We try to out-do each other each year... the best linens are on the table, the good silver is polished and the crystal is sparkling.  There is never a lack of wine or champagne and the food surpasses expectations each year.  We are lucky to have such good friends to share a great night with.

And I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is the most fabulous chef.  He creates dishes from scratch and he perfects dishes that he tries at restaurants.  He has even strayed into my world of baking and has perfected the red velvet cupcake and dark chocolate mousse.  He really should have his own food blog - except he doesn't like to share his recipes - that may be a problem!  Maybe someday, he'll sell his cookbook!

Happy New Year to all of our friends and family!

2 comments:

Maurilia said...

Wow the menu sounds incredible and I'm sure it tasted out of this world! My brother certainly is a talented chef & you a talented baker,I only wished I lived closer to enjoy his meals and your baking more often!

Happy New Year!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, I want in on the NYE gourmet! I can bring dessert. :) We need pix next time.
~ingrid