It seemed like a good idea at the time. I was scheduling Abigail's 15 month check-up and realized that it would be just a few weeks prior to Grace's 6 year check up. I asked the receptionist if I could schedule both appointments at the same time. "Sure," she said. "Great," I responded.
It wasn't so bad but needless to say, we spent 1 hour at the doctor office with both girls getting their check-ups. There was a lot of waiting - to be called back - to wait for the dr. - to wait for Abigail's shots - to wait to pay. But the doctor is so sweet and very thorough so that is good. And the bottom line is that we feel so fortunate to be blessed with two healthy children. Waiting to hear your children are perfectly healthy is not a bad thing - it is a good thing.
For the latest statistics:
Grace remains in the 75th percentile for weight - 49 lbs (she is too young to care if I post her weight) and 48 inches tall (95th percentile). She proudly told the doctor that she eats pancakes for breakfast EVERY day and her favorite activity on the weekends is watching the Brady Bunch. I was so proud - ha! (See my post last year about the question/answer session with Grace and the doctor.) I did tell the doctor that Grace really eats very well. In fact this morning, I asked her if she wanted chips with her peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. She responded that she would prefer lima beans. Oh, she is so Bruno's daughter!
And she was quite disappointed when the doctor told her that she was caught up on all of her shots and wouldn't need any. Yes, I said disappointed. The doctor was very impressed with Grace's vocabulary and social skills. So maybe she is my daughter - ha!
Abigail is almost on the same growth curve - 75th percentile for weight at 23.4 lbs and 95th percentile for height at 32 inches. She is eating all kinds of foods... the doctor said we could try peanut butter soon - yipee! We are all peanut butter freaks so we'll keep our fingers crossed for no allergies. She is saying so many words and wants to know what everything is. And she loves to do whatever Grace is doing - especially coloring. She is such a happy little girl and so much fun!
Next time - separate appointments!
Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
1 week ago


1 comment:
LOL, I do all three at one time. But I have to admit there is NO waiting at their Ped's office. They don't over book which makes our visits there quick and painless.
That's pretty funny that Grace said she wanted lima beans. How'd you (Bruno?)cook them?
~ingrid
Post a Comment