Thursday, September 15, 2011

Summer Fun and Back to School

A little catch up post here.  Bruno bought me fabulous tickets to see Wicked this summer.  We both absolutely loved it and it's by far one of my most favorite musicals.  Great story, wonderful acting and fabulous songs!  I knew as soon as I saw it that Grace would love it.  So I shopped around and found some relatively reasonable tickets.  We went with my friend Nicole and Grace thought it was so good!  Oh wait, actually she told me she didn't like... she LOVED it! 

Here is a picture of Grace and me on the roof of the Kennedy Center.


Grace posing next to Glinda's costume.

I also had to share these pictures of the absolutely adorable dresses my sister-in-law made for the girls.  I think Grace wore hers several times a week throughout the summer and Abby wore hers tons too.  You can't see all the detail work in these pictures but it is incredible.  I have NO idea how she finds the time in her day to sew but she does and she does amazing work.



And now that the summer fun is over, it's back to school time!  Grace started second grade and is very happy with it so far!

Grace not looking very thrilled so I told her to be excited (see below)!

Now Grace is excited!

And then it was sweet Abby's turn to start preschool.  I already wrote about saying good-bye to Ana and Rosa but it's just hard to believe Abby is ready for preschool.  She did great the first few days and then a few tears this week but all in all she seems very happy with her school!


I told her to put the sign down a little and smile big! See below.

Then I said "be really excited" - see below.

So excited!  Even with a wrinkled shirt - ha!


2 comments:

Kerri said...

Wonderful photos! I love the series of pix of Abby at the end.

Maurilia said...

aww the girls look adroable in their beautiful dresses. They seem so much older since I last saw them this summer. Love all their cute expressions for the photos.