Monday, July 11, 2011

The Blog Book

I had a few conversations last year that went something like this:
Family member: "We love reading your blog and keeping up with your family." 
Me: "Thank you!"
Family member: "It will be something you will always treasure and you must be so happy you are capturing so many of these memories."
Me: "Definitely. I have enjoyed writing things down and looking back on them."
Family member: "It's too bad you can't have this in a book format so that you'll always have it.  What if something happened to your blog?"
Me: "I agree. I would be so upset if I lost everything I had in my blog!"
And then the Google search began.  I vaguely remember hearing about Web sites that converted blogs into books.  And my search paid off. I found http://www.blurb.com/.  It's a very user-friendly site that helps you convert your blog into a keepsake book.

Despite it being user-friendly, I did spend a lot of time editing it and making sure it was just right.  And then I ordered it and waited.  I was like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning as I waited for the book to arrive. 

I was thrilled with it when it did.  My book actually captured two years of blogging but I plan to do one each year now.  I am so glad I have something that I can look through, touch and feel.  I love reading the stories to the girls.  Abby will frequently go get it and said "Mama, read me your blog book."


I strongly recommend that if you have a blog where you capture memories and moments that you never want to forget, that you look into making a blog book.  I'm sure there are many different sites and options.  In the end, you won't regret it!

2 comments:

Maurilia said...

So glad you posted this. I was recently thinking how I also wanted to do this. The book looks lovely. What a wonderful keepsake for the girls of their childhood.

Erica said...

The book looks wonderful.

affordable insurance