Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ooey-Gooey Deliciousness

I have a lot to write about but for now, I feel compelled for the world to know (or at least the 4 people who read my blog) about this ooey-gooey deliciousness I just made.  I saw this recipe on Thursday and contemplated making them that night.  But I didn't have all the ingredients so I made them today.  If you absolutely love chocolate and carmel, I suggest you stop reading this now - go to the store, buy cake mix, Rolos, and evaporated milk.  Then you, too, can indulge in this fabulousness!

The recipe is courtesy of one of my favorite food bloggers - My Baking Addiction.  Well, in fact, it was a guest post by Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen who posted the recipe.  

The recipe says it is 12 servings but these are so rich that you can get a lot of servings out of this by cutting very small squares. Also, I did not add the peanut butter chips as I thought it would detract from the carmel flavor.  I'm sure these would be good with nuts (if you are so inclined to interrupt the ooey-gooey factor).

Rolo Brownies

Yield | 12 servings

Ingredients

1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
About 40 Rolos, unwrapped (I bought a 12 oz bag and ate the extras)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 8 inch square baking pan or spray well with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter until combined.  Divide mixture in half and press half into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside. Let brownies cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Place Rolos over the surface of the brownies, very close together. Sprinkle peanut butter chips in all the spaces between. On a piece of parchment or wax paper, pat remaining brownie dough into a rough 8 inch square. Turn onto the top of the Rolo layer, dough side down and peel paper off. Place in the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
4. Let brownies cool before cutting into squares and eating.
**adapted from Knock You Naked Brownies

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Chocolate and caramel - YUM!

Maurilia said...

Oh my heavens, this sounds and looks amazing! We have been on a brownie kick lately and will to try these asap :)Thanks for sharing.