I started this blog 2 years ago to help keep family and friends up to date on all of our adventures. I also started it because so many people told me that I should write down the little things that the girls say or little stories because, while you think you will never forget those moments, you do. And so this is one of those stories that I don't want to forget.
Grace told me last night that she helped her classmate John (names have been changed). I asked her what she did. She told me that, for some reason, they ran out of orange juice for their afternoon snack and there wasn't enough for John to get his since he was last in line. John was disappointed that he wasn't going to get his juice. Grace had not opened hers and so she told the teacher that John could have hers. She then asked the teacher if she could run and get some water since she wouldn't have any juice. Of course the teacher told her what she did was very nice and, yes, she let Grace get some water.
I was so incredibly touched by this. I told her that this is what Lent is all about - thinking about and helping others. I told her I was so proud of her. And I asked her if she was proud of herself. She said "yes", rather shyly, and said it felt good to help someone.
Grace has always been very aware of how others are feeling and has such a caring soul. I hope that this quality she has remains with her throughout her life. There are times in our lives when people may be criticized for being "too nice" but, personally, I think it's one of the best qualities someone can have.
Sometimes I put a lot of pressure on Grace and expect a lot (she is the oldest, that's what we do to the oldest child) and Bruno gently reminds me that she is only seven years old. It's times like this that I reflect on what an amazing little girl she really is!
Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
1 week ago


2 comments:
She is such a kind girl! Thanks for sharing that sweet story.
Awww Grace is the sweetest girl we know. Can't wait to see all of you soon!
Post a Comment