Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a great time in Massachusetts! 

But before we left, Grace and I had a little project.  We made our first gingerbread house.  We had a lot of fun and I think it turned out pretty good.  In fact, it's still standing!


Grace had a Thanksgiving Feast at her school which was really fun.  The kids dressed up as pilgrims and native americans.  I found this great costume on-line after Halloween!



And then it was off to Massachusetts.  We had a very easy time traveling during such a busy time.  Our flights left early and arrived early.  Unfortunately we brought a not-so-nice gift to Bruno's family - Abby's cold and we all ended up getting it.  But, despite the coughs, scratchy throats and runny noses... we had a wonderful time.  Bruno's family is so hospitable - his mom is such a huge help to me.  And Maurilia and Victor are so generous with Grace and Abby.  We are so blessed and thankful that we have such a wonderful family that gets along so well. 

We went to the Providence Children's Museum one day which was so much fun!



And we were able to celebrate a monumental ocassion for Bruno's parents - their 40th wedding anniversary!  We went out to a fabulous Portuguese restaurant - Sagres in Fall River.  Everyone enjoyed their meals and the time together!

My meal - a filet with a fried egg, fried potatoes and a fabulous sauce.  I couldn't believe it was only 100 calories and fat-free!  Just kidding... it was delicious!

Then we went back to Maurilia and Victor's for a fabulous cake and champagne.  Maurilia and Victor bought this cake - I wish I could have bottled the vanilla smell from this cake - it was devine and delicious too!





The girls all had so much fun together!

 Abby wore this hat from Auntie almost the whole day!



What a wonderful vacation!

2 comments:

Maurilia said...

We loved spending time with all you! Ava still sometimes says on the way to Nana & Vovo's "Abby and "Ace". We had a great holiday! Hope to see you soon.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

SO that's where you've been and what you've been doing! Having a wonderful & delicious time visiting family! Good for you.

Congrats to your in-laws!
~ingrid