Today is election day. Bruno works for a member of Congress and every two years, his boss is up for election. I have known Bruno for 14 years and his boss has never had to worry about his elections. He has always won by more than 60-70 percent and some years, he hasn't even had an opponent. But this year he does and the race could be very close. When the media talks about a "wave" of losses, it means the sitting members of Congress lose. But what they never talk about are the staffers who work for those members, whose careers are tied to those members and they also lose their jobs because their boss lost an election. So we are all on pins and needles waiting for the outcome of the election results tonight. I'm very hopeful that we will have good news tonight! UPDATE: Bruno's boss won - whew!
On to more positive thoughts - Halloween, candy, chocolate, costumes, trick-or-treating, relatives visiting, delicious meals, weight-gain (oh, that is NOT a positive thought)!
Nora and Len decided to visit us for Halloween this year which was really special. We decided to not tell Grace and make it a surprise. We were standing outside and they came walking down the sidewalk. She said to me "Here comes Noni and Lenny!" It was kind of a funny reaction, as if she expected them. I think she was so surprised that she didn't even know how to react - it was funny! We had one of Bruno's famously wonderful meals - braised, Asian-style beef short ribs - DELISH! And then the trick-or-treating started. The girls had so much fun and got a lot of candy. Abby didn't hesitate at all asking for "chocoly" and loved getting the candy! Here are some pictures!
Hard to tell but I am wearing an name badge that says "Hi my name is Christine O'Donnell. I am not a witch. I am you." (DE Senate candidate) Bruno was Guy Fieri (Food Network, Minute to Win It).
The Dorothy Sisters
Little sister Dorothy
Older sister Dorothy
Nora, Len and Kerri. Poor Mark was doing the dishes. Bruno was watching the Patriots.









3 comments:
They look so cute!
Glad to hear that life has just been busy and that nothing has been wrong. Good luck tonight!
~ingrid
October flew by for us too!
The girls look so adorable and are getting sooooo big. I love the braids in their hair.
We are keeping our fingers crossed we have a win tonight!!
Can not wait to see all of you this month!!
Everything work out for Bruno & you guys?! Hope so!
~ingrid
Post a Comment