Friday, April 16, 2010

Eighteen Months

We had Abigail's 18-month check-up this week.  She is doing great! She is 24.8 lbs (50th percentile) and 33 3/4 inches (90th percentile).  She is talking up a storm and just recently started putting two words together.  Over Easter weekend, she said "Easter Bunny" (sounded more like "isa bunny")and "movie star" (when she was wearing her rock-star sunglasses).  She will try to say any word we ask her to.  Grace now enjoys asking Abigail to say all kinds of words.  She also loves to say "Abby!"

She loves to point to her nose, eyes, ears, etc.  and make animal noises on demand.  I particularly like it when she says "mooooooo" for a cow! 

She is doing great with the fork and spoon and will even eat a bowl of cheerios with milk without making much of a mess.  She loves to color (for now, she is a lefty - Bruno is so proud).  And she loves to do whatever her sister is doing and particularly wants to have whatever her sister has.  I have bought matching dinner plates now so that we don't have arguments about who gets the Dora plate!

And she also loves to dance to music.  It is hilarious to watch!  Dance parties have become our new evening entertainment.

We are blessed with a very healthy and happy baby - I guess I will soon need to start calling her a toddler! 

2 comments:

Maurilia said...

Wow I can't belive all the things Abigail is saying and doing already. It always amazes me when Ava learns something new.

Ava loves to dance to music too. I would love to see Abigail & Ava dancing together. We would have to film that one :)

We love and miss sweet Abigail. XXOO

Ingrid_3Bs said...

It goes by fast...hold on tight.

Btw, sorry I've been slacking off in the comment department. :(
~ingrid