So after the past two posts, I need to sneak in something light-hearted since I will be back to the serious ones next week as Nolan goes into the hospital for a few days to be monitored for his eating/breathing habits, etc. and will have a procudure on Wednesday - more to come on that but please keep him and Ryan and Erin in your prayers next week.
Two weeks ago, Grace had her first day of kindergarten. She was so excited and didn't even seem nervous! There were no tears shed - by either Bruno, her or me! She looked so adorable in her little uniform heading off to the Catholic school.
Of course I was anxious to pick her up (she only had a half-day her first day - she will normally go a full-day). I asked her how it was and she said "Well, there sure are a lot of rules in kindergarten!" I asked, "like what?" And she said "You have to raise your hand to even talk to the teacher! And we had to practice walking in the halls quietly about FIVE times!" Of course I was laughing at this point. So a little later, I asked her if she thought the day went fast or slow. She responded by saying "well, all those rules equals a long day!" HA!
My friend Jami also had a great story about her daughter's first day of school. She asked her who she sat by at lunch and her daughter responded "I have NO idea!" Ahhh - to be a fly on the wall on the first day of kindergarten!
Despite all the rules, Grace was ready to head back the next day and stayed at extended day that day. I picked her up a little early from the after school program and she was upset that I was there early. It actually made me feel good to know she was having so much fun!
She does know one little girl from preschool that is in her class so I think that has made the transition much easier. So far she loves her new school!
We can't believe that our little baby Grace is now in kindergarten - where does the time go!? She is such a big girl now and such a joy in our lives!


No comments:
Post a Comment