Thursday, April 9, 2009

I love to bake!

I have always loved to bake... cookies, cakes, anything sweet. As a disclaimer, I am intimitated by yeast so I have not conquered the breads yet. However, someday I will face my fear of getting the perfect temperature water... I know it can't be too hot or it will kill the yeast and if it's too cold, the yeast won't grow - it needs to be just warm enough to activate the yeast. Sounds very complex to me.

I have recently discovered the world of baking blogs. I had no idea this world existed until a couple of weeks ago when I saw some links to baking blogs on my sister-in-law's blog (she loves to bake too). Now I find I can't get enough of it... I love to read through the various blogs and see pictures of these phenomal-looking desserts. I love to print out recipes and try new ones.

I told my mom the other night that I just love baking. She asked how I could possibly have time to bake when I am so busy with work and two little ones. I told her that no matter how exhausted I am, I always have energy to try a new recipe - even if it's after a long day! It is a way of relaxing for me. (If only I could have a sous chef to clean up after me!)

Now the problem with loving to bake is that of course you have to try what you make and if it turns out good, you can end up eating a lot of what you make... and that doesn't bode so well for someone who had a baby 6 months ago and is trying to lose those last 5-10 pounds before Kerri and Mark's big wedding day!

Now I need to decide what I am going to bake for dessert on Easter!
Here are some of my new favorite baking blogs... oh, and you can even use this website - Food Blog Search - to search for your favorite recipe on food blogs.


No comments: